top of page
the mountain code
1. Be in shape for the tour you plan to go, and do not walk alone.
2. Inform others of where you go.
3. Adapt the planned routes according to ability and conditions.
4. Pay attention to the weather and the avalanche warnings.
5. Be prepared for bad weather and frost, even on short trips.
6. Choose safe routes. Recognize avalanche terrain and unsafe ice.
7. Use a map and a compass. Always know where you are.
8. Don’t be ashamed to turn around.
9. Conserve your energy and seek shelter if necessary.
bottom of page